Finding Catholic Mass in Italy

It is a gift for me to be able to participate fully in the sacraments of the Catholic Church as we make this pilgrimage. 

And it’s amazing how it has worked out.  As we were leaving the US on Sunday, I couldn’t find a church in Atlanta.  But we walked into the International Terminal at the Atlanta airport just as Mass began in the afternoon! 

Here in Italy, it can be a challenge figuring out what time Mass begins….some of these towns are so small they don’t actually have a service. 

As we walked on Sunday, I had almost given up. 

But we took a wrong turn on the Via Francigena.  

I actually did fall on my knees in front of this Church...
Then, as we walked, I stepped wrong and took a pretty hard tumble…  

When I looked up, I was right in front of a church…and Mass was about to begin!  

Without a wrong turn…without a fall, I wouldn’t have found the Church.  It was a beautiful symbol of the grace and blessings on my own spiritual path...  


It doesn’t matter that Mass is in Italian – I know right where we are in the service.  And I feel blessed every time I participate in the sacraments.    


This is a sign in the Church:

The Pilgrimage
The Route, like life, is not a competition. 

Never get seized by the wish to do too much; your body will soon demand an explanation.  

Look around, observe, stop and taste.  

That’s what the Route will teach you.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, literally falling on your knees helped you find God ! Well at least Church, Since God has been with you every step. Your journey is amazing, thank you for sharing this beautiful experience! Love, Laura L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, literally falling on your knees helped you find God ! Well at least Church, Since God has been with you every step. Your journey is amazing, thank you for sharing this beautiful experience! Love, Laura L

    ReplyDelete