Fancy Nun

Ning ... Finally, it’s warm enough for me to walk in a dress!  I’m back baby – I’m back.

Fancy Nun Ning
And the most wonderful thing happened – a man commented that my big sun hat looked like an old fashioned nun’s headpiece (cornette). 
St. Cathrine Laboure.
We give people blessed
Miraculous Medals
on the Camino.
My beloved St. Catherine Laboure (she of the Miraculous Medal and one of my walking stick saints…) wore a cornette. 

My dream was to look like a fancy nun on the Camino – black dress, rosary in hand.  The days of hiking gear every day are over. 
Princess talisman from
Mimi. It makes me smile
and think of her
every time I check
how far we’ve walked.
Before my departure for the Camino, my granddaughter, Madeline, gave me a fancy jeweled phone cover.  It is my princess talisman on the Camino – a connection to the person I was – beyond my hiking clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment