Super model dentist

After a long day of walking, we were enjoying tapas (Spanish appetizers) when I heard a horrifying crack.  One of my teeth had broken off!  Instantly I went from smiling pilgrim to a missing tooth hillbilly. In a small town in northern Spain. Horrifying. 

I had visions of making emergency arrangements for a flight to Madrid. But the woman at our hotel front desk called her contacts around town and secured an appointment for 7 pm that night. 

When we walked into the office, it was like entering dental heaven.  Everyone was beautiful!  The office was lovely – and the supermodel dentist was an artist.  No pain.  I was out of the chair with a new tooth in 45 minutes. 


I sent the dental office this photo
 with my profound thanks. 
 Can you tell which tooth was broken?   
As we walked out, we noticed the waiting room was full.  She had put my “emergency” ahead of her other appointments.  When the office manager presented a bill for 75 euros, we argued that they weren’t charging us enough, to no avail.
Dental heaven. 

Amazing things happen on the Camino, don’t they…? 

1 comment:

  1. One of my teeth had broken off! Instantly I went from smiling pilgrim to a missing tooth hillbilly. In a small town in northern Spain. Horrifying.
    affordable dental care

    ReplyDelete